Essay writing for academic purpose seeks some basic requirements in the essay/article. Here are some tips, easy to follow, on how to check all these requirements and write a good essay:
• Research your topic very carefully. You should know everything related to your topic. For researching you can go to library to go through previous research papers, books or other reliable sources. Internet can be used a huge database for searching about anything in the world. Keep taking notes whenever you find something important. However, be sure about the validity of any information before using it in your writing.
• You should not go straight to your writing without making a schematic outline of the essay. Give yourself some time for brainstorming. Take a paper and write down all the key words coming to your mind, which are connected with the topic. After a while you will see that you can find the connection or consequences between the keywords.
• After the brainstorming exercise, the next step to write an essay is to start writing with a draft. With polishing and working on the draft, it can become the main structure of the essay.
• An essay should be well organized with several mandatory part of it. For example, a good writing starts with an introduction where the writer gives a hint about the topic. After that, the body of an essay comes next where all the information are organized logically, dissected critically. An essay should end with a concluding paragraph, where writer draws the summary of whole discussion of the essay.
• The topic should be analyzed critically by the writer with all different types of viewpoint. The information should be presented in the writing with arguments. It is the writer’s duty to bring out the fact from all the information in his or her writing.
• Proof-read the writing over and over again. You should always keep checking, changing and correcting your writing to get a better outcome of your writing. There can be draft 1, draft 2 and so on until you get an essay that is grammatical or spelling mistake-free, logically organized, strong in literature and convey the message to anyone.
• No plagiarism is accepted anywhere. Students are allowed to research and quote anyone from anywhere. Nevertheless, that has to be supported with enough references. Giving credit to the original writer/ researcher in counted within general, research or essay writing ethics.