When it comes to essay writing, one needs to be very careful. Research should also be done meticulously for these essays from books, internet and any other informative medium. The essay must be compelling and have an impactful introduction and conclusion. There should also be a specific theme throughout the essay and not work on multiple themes. Sometimes a presentation accompanying the essay also helps, if the topic requires it. The essay must be positive and should not make negative comparisons with the student’s peer groups.
It cannot be stressed enough that revision is very important when it comes to the essay writing application form. Errors, mistakes and carelessness are a reflection of the candidate’s negative values. It negates all the efforts, experience and hard work put into the form by the student. It is very important that no syntactical or grammatical error is made. The form must be neat and clean. It must contain all of the necessary documents that are required by the essay writing program.
1. The very first mistake a scholarship applicant makes is applying to a single scholarship program. It is never a good idea to be over-confident and narrow minded about scholarship aspiration. It is always best to have at least 10 to 15 scholarship applications ready. No scholarship is too miniscule for an aspiring scholarship applicant.
2. The most common mistake that most scholarship applicant makes is forgetting to write their names or addresses on the form. This is a shockingly popular mistake made by students on their applications. Such an error disqualifies them from receiving a scholarship.
3. As mentioned earlier, the form must be read carefully. Some applications are submitted which are incomplete and hence cancelled by the scholarship committee. The student must ensure that all references, transcripts, essays and photos are submitted along with the application form.
4. The essay needs to be written with a positive frame of mind. Most students make the mistake of being rude, abusive or negative about their peer groups. Judging others will not help any candidate for receiving any approval for the scholarship. In spite of the glowing academic achievement s and recommendation, the essay is the most important part of the application and hence it must be written with careful consideration
5. Untidiness is a quality that scholarship sponsors do not look for. So if the form is untidy and illegible then there will be no consideration made for the applicant.
6. There are certain students who apply in spite of not meeting the required criteria by the scholarship program. For example, if the scholarship requires a GPA of 3.5 and the student has a 2.5 GPA then there will be no chance of this student to be considered.
7. Sending applications without the required postage stamps is a common mistake. A thorough checking of all documents and postal necessities must be checked before submitting the form. Similarly, there are some applicants who mail the envelope but forget to put the application form in it.